I Won ’t Be Like Enyeama – Carl Ikeme

Ahead of his expected debut for the Super Eagles, Wolverhampton Wanderers of England goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme has told News24 that he won’ t be trying to be like first choice goalkeeper and captain, Vincent Enyeama .

The 29 -year old was a surprise inclusion to the team for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania , and admitted himself that he was ‘shocked ’ to get that call , but says he ’s enjoying being with the team and won’ t be trying to be like Enyeama on game day, but would rather be himself .

“ Obviously I was delighted when the call came from the coach, but I was a bit shocked because I wasn ’t really expecting it and I’ ll just try to do what I do for my club and hopefully it will be good for country as well.

“ So far the team has had me settled in well and I’m enjoying being a part of it but I’m not going to try to be Vincent (Enyeama ) , I ’ll just try to be myself.

“ Obviously the call came late and I didn’t expect it but as I said I’ ll just do what I do for club and I hope that will be good enough ,” Ikeme stated.

Sunday Oliseh confirmed on Wednesday that Vincent Enyeama had pulled out of this weekend ’s trip to Dar - es- Salaam for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania , and it was later learnt that the goalkeeper had lost his mother . Sunshine Stars goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa is another goalkeeper in camp , but it is expected that Ikeme will get the nod as Enyeama ’s replacement on game day .

The team travels via a chartered flight on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atiku’s Daughter Sworn-In As Health Commissioner

Mr P Wife, Lola, Others Blasts Zlatan Ibile Over Girlfriend’s Post

For all men: three type of virgin